Monday, January 19, 2004

Conspiracy Monday

Happy King Day. I am experiencing the twin impulses of lethargy after attending an overly long King Day service, in fact I left before it ended, and the need to express righteous indignation that he was taken from us. So I have decided to write about conspiracies. As we all know, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

I have not read An Act of State: The Execution of Martin Luther King, but it is the most recent book to make the case that a stupid, loser, ex-con, James Earl Ray, was not responsible for King's death. We must never forget that those who speak up for justice are a threat to the powerful and are usually punished for their activism. Of course, King suffered the ultimate punishment on April 4, 1968.

While we are on the subject of conspiracies, let's talk about the Bush family. David Neiwert does a much better job than I of detailing the Bush family history of business dealings with Nazi Germany in order to make money, and with Iranian mullahs to prevent Jimmy Carter from being re-elected president. Orcinus is one of my favorites web sites. It is certainly worth your time.