Wednesday, March 31, 2004

"Fallujah is the Cemetery for Americans" - Iraqi protesters

Today in Fallujah, Iraq four American civilians were killed when their vehicle was attacked by small arms fire. The charred corpses were pulled from the wreckage, dragged through the streets and hung from a bridge. Five American soldiers were also killed today by a road side bomb.


The response from the White House is the standard line that we must "stay the course" and fight "Saddam's remnants." What else can they say? Taking Iraq did not go as planned and violence is increasing as the June 30th hand over date approaches. I should say so-called hand over. We plan to keep bases in Iraq for years to come. Iraqis want us out of their country and they want us out yesterday. When millions of people all over the world protested this invasion and occupation we were called dupes, appeasers, or traitors. Whatever. We knew what we were talking about. I never thought I would hear myself say this, but retired CIA agents agreed with me. I guess they are traitors and appeasers too.