Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Bring Me the Head of Mary Beth Cahill

Unfreakin' believable! I know that is not really a sentence but it sums up the rage and helplessness I feel about the presidential election. My apoplexy came about when I read stunningly clueless and assinine statements that emanated from the mouth of Mary Beth Cahill, John Kerry's campaign manager.

In an interview with syndicated columnist Ellen Goodman, Cahill confirmed my worst fears about the Kerry campaign.

"Win or lose, and my deep belief is he's going to win, you run a campaign you live with for the rest of your life. George Bush Sr. is forever tarred by the craven way he went after Dukakis."

Earth to Cahill! Where does one begin? "Win or lose?" Did Kerry's campaign manager actually say those words. How in the name of Sweet Jesus is she running Kerry's campaign if she publicly states that it is a "deep belief" that her boss will win? By the way, George Bush will forever be known as a president of the United States! He doesn't give a hoot about being tarred, and if John Kerry has any sense he doesn't care either.

Fundamentally, voters think elections are about them, not about candidates.

That statement is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life. Voters always make decisions about candidates. They make the decisions based on a variety of factors, but yes asshole, I mean Mary Beth, voters make decisions based on candidates! (Sorry readers. I nearly lost my religion.)

I'm almost done. My apoplexy is relapsing. This quote is the piece de resistance

Their entire strategy is to enlarge their base.

Duh! No wonder Kerry is behind. Anybody with sense knows that a candidate must enlarge the party's base. That is how you win, dumbshit, I mean Mary Beth. (Sorry. Lost my religion again).

It is obvious that Cahill is an idiot. I suggest she read Black Commentator. This piece in last week's issue sums up perfectly what is wrong with Cahill and company. I knew it when I read it, but I had no idea that I would get confirmation from the mouth of the Kerry team.

I don't know what else to say, except that the fish stinks from the head. Cahill's thinking must be like that of her boss. Boys and girls, make your reservations for the Bush inaugural.